Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove Collector's Edition
Dire Grove has been plunged into a record-defying cold, and wild animals threaten at every turn! You've been called in to uncover the source of the town's troubles. But you quickly find yourself in the middle of a feud between the local hunters and the mysterious Mistwalkers who live in the woods. Can you prevent an all-out war? Pick your gender and use an innovative deduction mechanic as you try to discover the secret behind Dire Grove's curse!
November 26, 2014
Big Fish Studios
5 Difficulty Settings
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Concept Art
Soundtracks & Cutscenes
Achievement & Collectibles
Dire Grove is perhaps in its direst state yet. Rumor has itthat the Mistwalkers are responsible for the severely cold weather and animalattacks Dire Grove is experiencing. Join the hunters of Dire Grove as you learnthe dark secrets of the Mistwalkers and find out who is the actual man behind it all! It is a common fact that Mystery Case Files games have some of the most entertaining storylines available in the casual games market. The story in Dire Grove, Sacred Grove is indeed not a disappointment; but while it is captivating and suspenseful all the same, it lacks the complexity and creepy factor that make this long-standing franchise famous to this day.
Let us take a note that Dire Grove, Sacred Grove is not thefirst Mystery Case Files game that is developed by Elephant Games. In fact, last year’s Fate’s Carnival was also developed by this talented developer. Nonetheless, as close as Elephant has gotten to the MCF: Dire Grove level, this sequel is no match for its predecessor.
If we look at Dire Grove, Sacred Grove as a standalone game,not as a follow-up to what was the pinnacle of HOPA, then we will be extremely impressed by the quality of the game. The production of Dire Grove, Sacred Grove is definitely huge – from mind-blowing visuals and stunning special effects, to top notch soundtracks and epic cutscenes. On the other hand, that sense of creepiness and mysteries that the first Dire Grove game had are basically nowhere to be seen in this sequel.
In this series:
- Mystery Case Files: Huntsville
- Mystery Case Files: Prime Suspects
- Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst
- Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate
- Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst
- Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove
- Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull
- Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst
- Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake
- Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival
- Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove
- Mystery Case Files: Key to Ravenhearst
- Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Unlocked
- Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour
- Mystery Case Files: the Black Veil