Poker is all about bluffing and reading your opponent, or at least this is what those who have never played a game of it online would say. You can’t bluff against a digital opponent and yet poker games are still immensely popular. This means that the game is really about wearing dark glasses in smoked-dry room surrounded by thugs.
Strategy, wit and clever puzzle-solving skills are what poker games really are. In the online casino real money can only be won by the smartest man at the table, not the mind-reading one.
But what are the types and kinds of casual poker games people play online?
Most popular poker games
This major six is what online poker is really about. These games open the soul, the core of the match and leave you with great experience no matter the odds.
- Texas Hold ‘Em. This is probably the King of poker games. Everyone knows it, but not everyone loves it. All bets are placed in four rounds: after the cards are dealt to players, after the first three cards are revealed, and once the latter two cards from the table are revealed. This mechanic gives a lot of place for maneuver and strategy, yet requires as much luck as it does thought.
- The 7-Card Stud. Players are dealt with seven cards each. Three of them are shirt-down on the table. The rules resemble the ones of Hold ‘Em. Players must make the best combination of their own sets of cards. This is, by far, one of the most interesting poker games known to men.
- The Omaha. Omaha is a type of Hold ‘Em, but encourages more players. A total of ten people can sit at a table at once. The rules are the same as in the first game, but you know what they say – the more, the merrier!
- High or Low Chicago. This one is basically a stud game, but the pot is always shared between two players: one half goes to a player with the better hand and the other half goes to the player with the highest or lowest spades card.
- The 5-Card Draw. Every player is dealt five cards. No cards are laid on the table. Every player can draw up to three cards in three turns. The bets are made at the same time during the redraws. This way players can see whether their opponent has a good hand or not. A perfect game for a company of online players!
Cool poker terms
Here are a few cool poker terms as a bonus so you can sound like a pro while at it:
- Ante – the minimum amount everyone has to bet.
- Call – a term players use to match an amount of chips after a raise.
- Blinds – money or chips at the table.
- Check – if a player does not want to raise, the player “Checks”
- Raise – this one’s obvious, is it not?
Now you know everything you need to go out there and play true poker! Go get that prize money!