Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition
December 23, 2016
3 Difficulties + Custom Mode
Exclusive Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Wallpapers & Concept Art
Soundtracks & Cutscenes
Achievement & Collectibles
Replayable HOs & Puzzles
Souvenir Room & Morphing Objects
Philip Drake claimed to have found a clean viable energy source, which led to H.E.L.P. sending you to Costa Rica for investigation purposes. A quick mission takes a thrilling turn when you discover that Drake also has an ancient artifact from the Lost Paradise, an ancient underwater civilization, in his possession. Can you locate the Lost Paradise, overcome all the dangerous obstacles, and make it out alive?
Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise is now the thirteenth game in this classic HOPA series, and it seems like the developer still has a few tricks up their sleeves. First of all, the landscapes and sceneries in this installment is mesmerizing; filled with exotic locations and interestingly-designed themes. It is definitely a plus that this is accompanied by an engaging story, that might not be totally unique, but contains enough exciting twists and turns to make us want to know more.
Additionally, the production team did a great job with the sights and sounds. As mentioned, the scenes in Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise are fascinating to look at and the colorful and crisp graphics only take that point further. Music wise, the Cuban vibe is spot-on and carries the mood of the game very well. Besides, the voice-overs are equally impressive.
Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise is definitely not here to revolutionize the genre, as most of the time, the game is pretty predictable. Frequent HOPA players will likely find the adventure part of the game to be fairly simple, but not the same can be said about the hidden object scenes and the puzzles. The hidden object scenes are almost always multi-layered, and at times very innovative. The puzzles are more challenging, and they are smartly integrated into the storyline.
We played Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise on the easiest difficulty mode, rarely skipped any puzzles, and completed the game in around 4.5 hours. We highly recommend the Collector’s Edition as it comes ready with tons of bonuses; a bonus chapter, a strategy guide, wallpapers, videos, concept art, soundtracks, achievements, collectibles, morphing objects, a souvenir room, replayable hidden objects, and replayable puzzles.
In this series:
- Hidden Expedition: Titanic
- Hidden Expedition: Everest
- Hidden Expedition: Amazon
- Hidden Expedition: Devils Triangle
- Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands
- Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond
- Hidden Expedition: Crown of Solomon
- Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle
- Hidden Expedition: Dawn of Prosperity
- Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth
- Hidden Expedition: Midgard's End
- Hidden Expedition: The Eternal Emperor
- Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise
- Hidden Expedition: The Pearl of Discord
- Hidden Expedition: The Curse of Mithridates
- Hidden Expedition: The Golden Secret
- Hidden Expedition: The Alter of Lies
- Hidden Expedition: Neptune's Gift